“It’s not inspiration, it’s perspiration.” This is a truism relating to any creative endeavor – it’s work. This class will help students not only work hard but work smart. A variety of cleverly contrived lesson plans and PowerPoint presentations will enable students to look past the usual barriers that impede creative thought so that they can dig deep into the inner person to reveal and reclaim the ethereal truth. Self expression from the student will be illustrated in a variety of media, especially the written word. When completing this course, students will be able to:
- Unlock the creative centers in the brain for self-expression.
- Practice several creative writing techniques, including narrative, prose, and poetry.
- Instill clarity into their writing through creative composition.
- Understand Common Core complexities.
- Demonstrate the usefulness and marketability of creative thought processes.