Every film begins with a writer’s vision. This engaging class will teach students to think visually and use precise word choice and word order to bring life to their stories. The complexities of screenwriting have now been made simple and easy to use. The three-act script structure will be introduced along with character and plot development. Every student will walk away from this course with a new appreciation of film production. PowerPoint Presentations and film clips will be used to model specific skills. When completing this course, students will be able to:
• Hone their writing skills by adapting screenplay format (a marketable skill for this part of the country!) into their established writing genres.
• Improve their critical thinking and problem solving skills through creative writing and conflict resolution.
• Instill clarity and conciseness into their writing through succinct, economical composition.
• Master Common Core principles.
• Enjoy the art behind the science of film making.