Learn the ins and outs of the current social media landscape and how it can be incorporated into an overall business strategy to maximize results for brands, small businesses, and agencies. Students will learn how to determine what social media platforms are best for their organization as well as what analytics tools to use to measure results and ROI. We will also explore current social media trends and best practices through hands-on learning and activities.
Topics to be covered will include: an overview of social media platforms, current social media trends and their implications, how to tailor social media tools to your existing business strategies and social media tools for monitoring and ROI.
Case studies and tactics will be presented throughout the session and participants will gain hands on knowledge through breakout sessions.
- Understand what types of social media platforms are available and how they are used
- Look at case studies on effective use of social media
- Learn best practices on how to engage people
- Look at monitoring, research and engagement tools available to marketers and brands
- Learn to evaluate social standing of a brand
- Engage users via social platforms
- Examine social media engagement strategies
- Learn tools and techniques to measure effectiveness and ROI
- Measure effectiveness using free tools
Prereqs & Preparation
- This workshop is for beginners. It is recommended that students bring laptops.